Monday, February 10, 2014

Jeanne Ray

I stumbled across this author while looking for a great story without any swear words or graphic killings.  I fell in love with her.  She is a writer who started her career at age 60!  Her daughter is author Ann Patchett, which is why I hesitated at first to read her Mother's books.  Ann Patchett is a wonderful writer but does not fall under my genre of light, fluffy, frivolous reads.  Jeanne Ray dreamed as a little girl of being a writer or a dancer but became a nurse.  As you read her books you will see some of those dreams expanded in her writing.   The first book I read of hers was Julie and Romeo, a very sweet updated version of Romeo and Juliet but with characters of an older generation.  I like this one because it also has a sequel, Julie and Romeo Get Lucky.  My absolute favorite of hers is Eat Cake.  This is another one that you can get lost in the story when you listen to it.  The recipes in this book are to die for.  If you want to escape, this is the one to read. But you decide, let me know.

The Traverse Area District Library carries many of these titles in our catalog as Large PrintPrintAudio and Ebook.  Check one out today!


Image of item                       Image of item                      Image of item



No comments:

Post a Comment