Monday, December 29, 2014

Phillip Margolin

I wanted to end this blog post with a real bang of a book but found I could not think of any one book that would fit into my definition of light, fun, frivolous reads.  Especially once I picked up Phillip Margolin's new book Woman with a Gun.  But, I guess that title really does fit into "real bang" of a book.  I love Phillip Margolin, his books are such quick reads.  From the beginning of any novel he writes, it just grabs you, stays with you and you won't want to put them down.  He is such a great storyteller.  Although some of his novels can be a little graphic similar to Linda Castillo and Karin Slaughter, my favorite is Sleeping Beauty.  I did not want to read Woman with a Gun, I thought the cover looked cheesy and the storyline dull compared to his others.  But, over the weekend with nothing else to read, I picked it up and was hooked in the first chapter.  I have many questions that can only be answered by reading the rest of the book.  Alas, I had to come to work when I was only on chapter five.  So far so good and it looks like it may be a long night for me when I get home to get my questions answered...at least a couple hours.  Next time you are in the library, check out Phillip Margolin if you like mysteries that are quick reads with fulfilling story lines.

Image of item  Image of item

We carry Sleeping Beauty in Large Print format, regular print, physical audio CD and downloadable audio.  We carry Woman with a Gun in regular print format only.

Again, thank you for reading frivolously with us for a year!  Happy New Year and happy reading.  


No comments:

Post a Comment