Monday, December 1, 2014

Stories I Only Tell My Friends: An Autobiography

I have read more nonfiction this year than I have in my entire life combined.  But I am still particular about what nonfiction I read.  This time, what can be a more frivolous read than an autobiography of a Hollywood Star?  In this case, Rob Lowe is the main character.  <sigh, whistle, swoon>  I thought this book would get down and dirty about his Hollywood life, his bad boy reputation, the spectacle/spectacular life, etc.  I actually though it was really well written and probably downplayed a lot of his escapades but very informative about how he grew up with other actors (Sean Penn, Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, etc.).  Lowe talks about starting out in acting, the Brat Pack years, being an alcoholic, glamorous romances, his video escape, rehab, Wayne's World, West Wing and family.  It was a very quick read and I felt there could be more to the story (thus a sequel in Love Life?) but it was written with integrity and insightful antecdotes of everyone he came in contact with and molded him into the person he is today.  Try it, read it, love it.

Image of item

No comments:

Post a Comment